BOADCASTED INTERVIEW (Skype) about the album “HORROR VACUI” (Lat. “fear of empty space“) performed by Craig Manga [BLACK BOX RECORDINGS] (UK LABEL) and Frédéric Iriarte [UNIC6] ELECTROACOUSTIC UNIVERSAL ART MUSIC & IRREALIST ART, FILM & MUSIC EDITIONS
* Craig Manga, circuitry, beats n bass, modular synthesis, larynx.
* Frédéric Iriarte, guitars, bass, double bass, keyboards , saxophone,
flute, Jew’s harp, percusssion
“Fred + Craig have created an otherworldly otherness. An alien landscape of deathjazz sonics”
“a little frazzled at the edges, this mind-blowing jam is totally raw and unpredictable. And unique…”
“HORROR VACUI is a strange kind of love story, erotica fusing fly and flesh, black alien insectile thorax pressed against human skin, it’s an ugly dance of legs and torso… but totally of the dance floor…”
It is not pop, neither hip hop, jaZZ, acid jazz, electronica, R&B, conceptual, concrete, noise, glitch, funk, post-prog or contemporary orchestral. But what is it? Is that Music?
BUY THE ALBUM on BANDCAMP (Digital platforms)
Release at HALLOWEEN DAY October 31st 2019
1. CREEPYCRAWLYMETALLICWORMY 4´24´´
2. IN A FOREIGN TIME WHEN THE BUMBLEBEE WAS FLYING 4´30´´
3. FLESH FRAICH 4´30´´
4. MAGGOTDANCE 5´11´´
5. SEMTEXING 4´12´´
6. JESUS EX MACHINA 3´48´´
7. MODWUMP – ATOM EVIL 3´26´´
8. THE FROGG DANSE 3´38´´
9. THE ANTS TRIP 4´48´´
10.NATURE HATES EMPTINESS 3´30´´
11.HORROR VACUI 4´43´´
* Craig Manga singer-songwriter, guitarist, sonic explorer. He scurries between genres, instruments, and narrative voices as the mood takes him. Some of this music is about his own being, some about real people, mostly it is about fictional characters.
– BLACK BOX RECORDINGS (UK Label)
– WONKY PLANET WIRELESS SHOW
– MODWUMP Tm
– MANGABROS Tm
* Frédéric Iriarte is a painter, sculptor, visual artist, designer, musician, composer, filmmaker, publisher of art & design books, researcher & developer (R&D) in the field of monumental public sculptures and urban spaces with holistic approach and methodologies…
UNIC6 [Electroacoustic Universal Art Music]
NATURAL JAZZY FUSION Ltd/Corp
PARIS ZOO MOTION
Recorded and mixed at ELECTRONIC MUSIC STUDIO JÄRNA (Stockholm, Sweden) and BLACK BOX HQ (Sheffield, Northern England)
Mastered by BLACK BOX RECORDINGS (UK Label)
Released by IRREALIST ART, FILM & MUSIC EDITIONS/BBR
Registered at the Royal Library of Sweden in Stockholm & Gramophone archive IFPI
MUSIC IRSC SE-5YH-19-00701 to IRSC SE-5YH-19-00711
FILM IRSC SE-5YH-19-00713
N.B.! Photos, images, texts and proposals cannot be used, copied, reproduced or distributed without the written permission of the authors and Irrealist Art Editions.
© Music, films, public works, photographs, illustrations, designs, are protected by law. Copyright and registered organizations STIM, IFPI, SACEM, SABAM, OHIM, BUS, ADAGP, ARS, COPYSWEDE and others worldwide. Send a request to Irrealist Art Editions.